Senior Underwriter Financial Lines
frontrunner with business insight and technical expertise
Reporting to the Manager Financial Lines, you are a passionate and culturally savvy Senior Underwriter, developing and growing a profitable portfolio within the Benelux market. You are a recognized expert in the Benelux Financial Lines market and you represent and promote the organization with vigor during internal and external meetings with brokers and key clients. With your sharp analytics & long term perspective, you assess and evaluate the client’s unique policy risks, calculate exposures and provide appropriate conditions. Moreover, you possess the market and industry knowledge to ensure portfolio integrity and profitability. You ensure quality control within the defined area of responsibility by undertaking quantitative reviews, running regular meeting and peer reviews. You have the discipline and financial proficiency to calculate value and risk exposure and to ensure compliance. Being on top of new market opportunities, you bring the financial lines business to new heights. You drive portfolio, account and cross selling strategies, to achieve corporate and local objectives. Even more so,
you prioritize and develop next generation products to improve client retention and new business. You play an active role in sharing best practices within and across business lines and you mentor, coach and empower team members to ensure high quality underwriting capabilities.
- Relevant University degree e.g. in Finance. WFT-proof. Willingness to continuously develop technical and broader business skills to keep up with market dynamics
- Comprehensive understanding and experience in the Financial Lines insurance market (D&O, EPL, Crime, PTL, POSI, Financial Institutions) including contracts, risk underwriting and financial analysis techniques
- Solid experience of dealing with brokers and clients with demonstrated results
- Team player with experience in training, mentoring and developing people
- Ability to successfully develop and grow the Financial Lines portfolio in verticals and across the business line and to take the lead in portfolio development: complexity, spread and profitability
- Engaging personality with integrity and resilience, outstanding financial skills and the discipline to follow strict code of conduct
- Strong customer focus, business judgment and strategic thinking. Ability to see the big picture and develop effective strategies and actions
- Excellent thought leadership, stakeholder management and business partnering; ability to influence outcome
- Good communication and networking skills; ability to adapt to different cultures
- Fluent English and Dutch, command of French desired
- Willingness to travel
Our client has obtained an excellent reputation as an international player in insurance solutions for clients. Being in solid financial health, it outperforms the market with its discipline, service and sense of urgency. With its well-equipped workforce, global reach and extensive product offering, the company is able to assess client’s unique projects and respond quickly with tailored advice and service. Characteristics of the organization in the Benelux are professionalism, direct lines with management, multidisciplinary cooperation and a focus on results.
We are interested in meeting with frontrunners in the Financial Lines business, who can show a track record of high achievement. Our client has the absolute commitment to being a leader in its business and continues to outperform the market. All it takes is the wholehearted commitment to be the best in your profession and the client focus, business insight and networking skills to grow profitable business. We will only select the best!
Successful careers combine inspiration, engagement and continuous learning to develop your full potential. Your consultant, Jolanda Bijl is a knowledgeable and reliable partner who can open doors to cool (international) opportunities within blue chip corporations or innovative new ventures. You can check the reviews from clients and candidates on our fan page or find out more on Linkedin.
If you feel you have the qualities to meet this challenge, please send a detailed CV and covering letter to Jolanda M.C. Bijl of Pantapasin International, quoting reference i639.