Senior Controller (Netherlands & UK)
hands-on business leader, managing people and ROI objectives
Partnering with the Managing Director, you steer and guide operational and strategic finance decisions to support the ROI and growth objectives of the business. You participate in and supervise a financial team of Projects Leaders, Business Controlling & Financial Accounting. Promoting knowledge sharing and efficiency improvements, you drive operational, tactical and strategic activities in your field to completion. Moreover, you ensure all financial and management reporting complies with local and international standards. You align, execute and improve efficient management control: business control, KPI setting, transparency of margins and costs, project forecasting, performance analysis and financial project control. You are responsible for scheduled and ad hoc internal reporting, analysis of value-creating potential and risks of business opportunities. Taking pride in empowering project leaders, you ensure the financial input for tenders and investment proposals is up to par. Furthermore, you challenge all budget holders in the organization by monitoring execution against agreed objectives and controlling forecasting, cash flow and spent. With your knowledge of cost and profit drivers, you present independent and information based views, influence company direction and deliver exceptional results.
- A keen business mind, interfacing with all departments on controlling topics
- University degree in Accounting or Controlling. A post graduate degree (RC/RA) is an asset.
- At least 10 years success in accounting and controlling, preferably within a performance-driven US multinational. At least five years in a managerial role.
- Prior experience with US GAAP and project control required, including a solid track record of successful delivery against contract
- Taskmaster with strong business judgment, pro-actively managing work through to completion, within deadlines
- Empowering people manager; able to manage team performance and develop staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in a demanding multicultural environment
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking; seeing the big picture and focusing on detail when necessary
- Fluency in English and Dutch
- Willingness to travel when required
Our client is part of a US multinational with a deeply rooted commitment to truly understand what is crucial to customers. With acumen and accountability its people create the most comprehensive and advanced solutions to provide you with the highest level of precision, productivity and efficiency in the industry. Working for a variety of market segments, e.g. oil & gas, chemicals, water, food & beverage, its success is tied to entrepreneurial leadership, customer focus and excellent service. The company continues to invest in inspired people and the latest technologies to make the world healthier, safer and more productive.
Achievers enjoy a business finance role within a growing multinational. Its growth is your growth if you are a team player eager to learn, grow and lead to delight customers. Successful candidates can expect plenty of opportunities to take initiative and the rewards of working in a multicultural environment. We will only take the best!
Successful careers combine inspiration, engagement and continuous learning to develop your full potential. Your consultant, Celeste Reijnen is a knowledgeable and reliable partner who can open doors to cool (international) opportunities within blue chip corporations or innovative new ventures. You can check the reviews from clients and candidates on our fan page or find out more on Linkedin.
If you feel you have the qualities to meet this challenge, please send a detailed CV and covering letter to Celeste Reijnen of Pantapasin International, quoting reference i633.