Plant Manager – i541
leading people and superior performance
In this demanding role you drive the performance objectives and cost efficiency of the site. You provide direction and leadership to all staff in Operations, Maintenance and Control and are their visionary leader and change agent. In this varied role you assure safe, reliable and cost effective operations and delivery against contract. You prepare and monitor yearly operational and maintenance plans and budgets and manage growth. Moreover, you implement and monitor EHS and quality policies and drive continuous improvement and cost saving programs. With your passion for excellence you share best practices among business units, build successful teams and keep team spirit high even in stressful conditions. You review plant performance and align the human resources and operational processes to meet the needs of the market place. You present your ideas with flair, inspire employees to sharpen their skills and you add value to bottom line results.
- BSc or MSc in Process Technology or Engineering
- At least 10 years of experience preferably in chemical operations (Production Engineering, Manufacturing, EHS or Maintenance); minimum of three years in a leadership role in manufacturing
- People manager with strong focus on safety and total quality
- Excellent leadership skills, sense of urgency and a ‘can do’ mentality
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, implement change and drive results
- Persuasive personality with team-spirit and strong problem solving
- Effective communication skills, including fluent Dutch and English
Our client is a dynamic player in the energy business, with non-stop operations in the Rotterdam Area. They are recognized for their short communications lines and flexibility and play an active role in the area of bio-fuels. To drive operational performance to new heights and manage further expansion at the site our client is looking for an enthusiastic leader with strategic thinking.
We are interested in talking to candidates who can display a consistent record of high achievement. Energy, creativity and flexibility are all qualities which enable you to create synergy and empowerment within a fast-paced and informal company. Successful candidates will receive an attractive remuneration package as well as career opportunities.
Successful careers combine inspiration, engagement and continuous learning to develop your full potential. Your consultant, Jolanda Bijl is a knowledgeable and reliable partner who can open doors to cool (international) opportunities within blue chip corporations or innovative new ventures. You can check the reviews from clients and candidates on our fan page or find out more on Linkedin.