Manager Casualty Benelux (Multinational clients) – i600
frontrunner with expertise in liability and leadership skills
Reporting to the Managing Director you are a passionate and culturally savvy UW Manager developing and growing a profitable portfolio within the Benelux market. You are the figure head of the Benelux Casualty team, representing the organization with vigor in internal and external meetings with brokers and key MNC clients. With your sharp analytics & long term perspective you assess and evaluate policy risks, calculate exposures and provide appropriate conditions. Moreover you possess the market and industry knowledge to take the lead in tender processes. In addition you have the discipline and financial proficiency to calculate value and risk exposure and ensure compliance. Being on top of new market opportunities you bring the Casualty business line to a higher level of complexity, share best practices and drive product and portfolio strategies according to corporate and local standards. You manage, coach and empower your team and you promote an atmosphere that drives teamwork, efficiency and results. As member of the Benelux leadership team, you discuss operational KPIs and performance development issues and participate in change projects. Last but not least you conduct quality control and take appropriate action to ensure the company complies with the code of conduct and regulatory requirements.
- Relevant university degree, e.g. in law or finance or equivalent. Willingness to continuously develop technical and business skills
- Minimum of 10 years progressive commercial experience in liability underwriting within an insurance company or insurance broker environment; experience with MNC clients is required
- Sound knowledge of contracts, risk underwriting and financial analysis techniques
- Ability to successfully develop and grow the Casualty portfolio across the business line and take the lead in complex underwriting or tender processes
- Taskmaster with integrity, discipline, outstanding financial skills and the ability to follow strict code of conduct
- Strong customer focus, business judgment and strategic thinking. Ability to see the big picture and develop effective strategies and actions
- Excellent leadership, stakeholder management and teambuilding skills; managing team performance, resolving issues and influencing outcome
- Good communication and networking skills; ability to adapt to different cultures
- Fluent English and Dutch, command of French desired
- Willingness to travel
Our client has obtained an excellent reputation as an international player in insurance solutions for clients. Being in solid financial health, it outperforms the market with its discipline, service and sense of urgency. Characteristics of the organization in the Benelux are professionalism, direct lines with management, multidisciplinary cooperation and a focus on results. They have the opportunity to recruit an outstanding Manager Casualty with the ability to assess client’s unique projects and respond quickly with tailored advice.
We are interested in meeting with frontrunners in the Casualty business line who can show a track record of high achievement. Our client has the absolute commitment to being a leader in its business and continues to outperform the market. All it takes is the wholehearted commitment to be the best in your profession and the teambuilding and networking skills to grow the business further. We will only select the best candidate to fulfill this challenging job!
Successful careers combine inspiration, engagement and continuous learning to develop your full potential. Your consultant, Celeste Reijnen is a knowledgeable and reliable partner who can open doors to cool (international) opportunities within blue chip corporations or innovative new ventures. You can check the reviews from clients and candidates on our fan page or find out more on Linkedin.