Development Manager Automation Products – i535
Reporting to the Global Engineering Director you run and develop the Automation Products section. In this role you provide tenders and projects with adequate automation concepts, resources and budgets. You monitor engineering, design, productionising, and delivery, controlling progress and ensuring up-to-date documentation. Driving innovation and setting industry standards is what makes you tick. You leverage all expertise within the company to develop new automation products, both hardware and software. You team up with other technologies, to ensure the automation products interact seamlessly with the company’s mechanical systems designed in multiple engineering locations across the globe. Being an inspiring leader, you manage, coach and train the discipline engineers. With passion for excellence you challenge your team to interact and design on a totally international level and you bring quality to a higher level by developing standards & guidelines and sharing best practices. As expert in your field you visit clients across the globe to analyze (technical) customer needs and determine (tailored) automation solutions. Your sharp analysis and creative solutions impress in a demanding environment.
- BSc or equivalent in Engineering, e.g. Electrical, Instrumentation, Control Engineering, Mechatronics
- Minimum of ten years of experience in engineering & design, productionising and delivery of Automation Products
- Proven success in international engineering projects and interacting well with customers
- Thorough understanding about Automation Products (hardware and software) and confidence in leading others in the decision making processes thereon
- Experience in the Oil & Gas (offshore) industry is a strong asset, managerial experience a plus
- Dynamic personality with strong vision and spine, execution driven
- Global mindset and strong lateral thinking; capitalizing on strengths and shaping the future
- Excellent leadership skills, creativity and problem solving
- Ability to manage multiple projects, coach staff and manage progress effectively
- Strong communication skills. Fluency in English.
- Willingness and capability to travel at once at short notice. Estimated average travel: 10-20%
Our international client is a worldwide leader in equipment solutions for the oil & gas industry. Driven by customer focus, product innovation and prompt delivery the company has obtained an excellent reputation in its field. Characteristics of this innovative organization are a strong “can do culture” and an informal atmosphere. The organization is busy with global integration of design and manufacturing capabilities in several strategic locations and it is well-positioned for further expansion on a global basis. With this goal the Dutch organization is looking for a strategic leader to drive the Automation Products Department forward.
Achievers will find an interesting and varied job in a young international team. You will work closely with world class clients in a demanding industry. Successful candidates will get an attractive offer and opportunities to stretch their knowledge and skills in order to develop themselves completely within the company. We will only select the best candidate to fulfil this challenging job.
Successful careers combine inspiration, engagement and continuous learning to develop your full potential. Your consultant, Jolanda Bijl is a knowledgeable and reliable partner who can open doors to cool (international) opportunities within blue chip corporations or innovative new ventures. You can check the reviews from clients and candidates on our fan page or find out more on Linkedin.
If you feel you have the qualities to meet this challenge, please send a detailed CV and covering letter to Jolanda M.C. Bijl of Pantapasin International, quoting reference i627.